2015. május 10., vasárnap

Bronco Opel Olympia, hardtop. Captured by US Army.

Well I finished something at least! I just wanted to practicing and enjoying an easy bulid, so this tiny car seemed to be a good choice for a quick build. Sadly, I can’t say it’s a perfect kit (Is there any?) as it has a few bad points. For example: the real car doesn’t have that inner part of the fenders which the kit has; the doors are a bit  large to fit in. May I’d did a few detailing here and there, but I didn’t want to waste my time too mach…
As I have main interest if the sofskin vehicles of the U. S. Armed Forces I decided to paint this Olympia in O. D. colour as a captured vehicle. The interior of the car remained German Grey. The Wehrmacht used thousands of Opels passanger cars and a lot of them fell into the hand of the Allies. This is one of them. I don’t have any original photo of the exact car, but my idea wasn’t to do that. I just wanted to build one by a mix of my ideas, and I enjoyed it!

Nincsenek megjegyzések: